Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlapping issues

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello guys,

I have two DID's, 514-874-0064 and 514-876-0064. As you can see both DID's have 0064 for the last four digits causing overlap issues when receiving calls. I can't change none of the extensions to avoid the overlapping. Is there any woukaround for this issue? I am using CCM 5.1 with MGCP. The carrier switch is Primary-DMS100.

Thanks,

MK

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use a translation pattern or move the numbers in separate calling search spaces. The translation pattern can come off the gateway calling search space for incoming and either translate or ring the number directly if it matches a rule.

I am using two translation Patterns which are in two different partions but it rings one at the time. How CCM is going to know which one to ring. Could you please send me an example config?

do both DIDs come from the same PRI?

if not you can configure the inbound CSS not to reach the other DID that is not coming from that PRI

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Yes, unfortunately they're coming from the same PRI.

if they both send only the 4 digits there is no way to find out which one is that, you would need to ask them to send more digits on one DID set to do that.

or see if you can have the other DID group on another physical port on the GW to tell which one they were trying to reach.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Or pay the Telco a monthly service fee to forward that DID to another DID. For example, if the DID was 4000, forward to 4001.

Incoming Translation of 4001 would got to 4000.

Outgoing Mask would still be 4000.

(if this would work for you.. not sure)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: