cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Sync Unity with Exchange

blittrell
Level 1
Level 1

Ok this is a bit weird. It looks like Unity did not delete all the users from Exchange when I would delete old users or when I would rename them. So what I am showing is 750 users in Unity and 960 user is Exchange. Is there a way to tell Unity to check Exchange for users that are not in Unity and delete them, or vise versa, have Exchange check Unity and have it delete users it does not find in Unity?

One other question that has been bugging me, is there a way to rename a Unity account or is it just delete and recreate?

Also I am running Unity 4.2(1).

Thanks

3 Replies 3

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

If you need to rename the alias, it is delete and recreate.

As far as exchange removing deleted Unity users, it is not necessarily real-time removal from exchange/AD.

My AD, since it is rather big, takes a few to remove the user accounts from exchange/AD after I delete them from Unity.

(i usually check the next day to verify)

If yours doesn't delete or has problems doing so, verify the permissions, etc.

Thanks for the info. I did check the Rights, they seem to be fine.

One other question regarding this, is there a way to print a list of user on the Exchange side as well as on the Unity Side so I can do a comparison to clear out bad users?

Also, thanks for the clarification on the renaming, that is a disappointment, I hope they fix that soon:)

under exchange you can run the cleanup wizard, it will X all the accounts that are not associated to a user and then you can either purge them or re-associate them

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: