Views
Helpful
Replies

How to load firmware maualy into 7960 Phone

maddox-mp
Level 1
Level 1

All,

First of all , forgive my silly question.

Is there any way to load the firmware unzipped file(cmterm-7940-7960-sccp.8-0-8.zip) into a 7960 IP Phone without having to access to a CCM or TFTP server? An alternative Cisco CallManager is not available to run the executable installer program and the IP phone is MGCP and need to load SCCP firware into it.

Thnaks a lot in advance .

Regards,

Maddox

4 Replies 4

maddox-mp
Level 1
Level 1

Also, does anyone know how (has the keys ) to unlock the Services in MGCP IP Phone.

The phone is not allow me to change the IP address nor the Alternate TFTP from No to YES .

Thnaks,

Maddox

Not applicable

I am trying for loading the image through the method of alternate TFTP but its failing.

Thks

I'm not sure about loading a firmware without CallManager. To unlock Settings to manually set some items use "**#"

Settings button

3 - Network Configuration

32 - Alternate TFTP NO

**#

[you see the lock open]

notice the softkeys change. in this example a softkey "Yes" appears.

Watch out though. Pressing **#** will reset the phone.

Not applicable

Wow

Now i need a points for this please rate.

Ok i will explain you this how it works

First you will be require xml file while u have to get it when u make router as a CME server.

Just configure router as a CME server by telephony-service setup do any configuration once done to the last step it will create a xml file copy that xml file to one folder and open the same.

Now go to CCM server and check CCM is using which load through device default load

Then download the same load from Cisco.com and copy on the same folder where you have kept the xml.txt file open that xml.txt into notepad and try searching the phone model number e.g 7960 once u will find that u will see the load information which is there by default just change the load information parameter to yr load without .load extension

and save it

Now on yr ip phone point to yr LP tftp where that u have kept yr folder with xml.txt & firmware.

It will work without have yr Cisco Call Manager it will update the same firmware image.

If someone have a problem please mail me

I will help

THks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: