cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 Stateless DHCP on 3750

Antonio Knox
Level 7
Level 7

Is it possible to configure stateless IPv6 on a 3750? I've tried to but I can't. I can't configure an IPv6 DHCP pool to reference. Is it an IOS version issue? I'm running 12.2(35)SE5

3 Replies 3

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've been using the 'sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 routing' template. To be a bit clearer, this is what I'm trying to do.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/ipv6/v6_dhcp_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1125846

My problem is, I can't configure 'ipv6 dhcp pool poolname'. I'm thinking that this is an IOS version issue, but I wanted to know if anyone else has run into this issue. Again, I'm running 12.2(35)SE5

I get the feeling that neither the 'ipv6 dhcp pool poolname' or any 'ipv6 dhcp' commands can be used on the 3750. So, instead, does anyone know of a way besides using a ipv6 pool to assign DNS server addresses to client PC's?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card