Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series for Point-to-Multipoint-Bridging

sbrunst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi NetPro Forum,

is it possible to take the Cisco Aironet 1240AG Serie Access Points for Point-to-Multipoint installations??

For example one 1240AG AP in a central area with antenna AIR-ANT5160V-R and maybe two 1240AG AP's with antenna AIR-ANT5195P-R in our branch offices.....is it possible??

Thank you for your help

Stephan

4 Replies 4

SJessulat_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Stephan,

yes, this is possible. You can configure the central AP's 802.11a-Interface to root-bridge and the other APs' 802.11a-Interfaces to non-root-bridge.

The Ethernet-Port can be used for connectivity into the wired LAN, and the 802.11g-Interface can still be used for clients to access the wlan.

That sounds good. Thank you.

Hi guys.

First, sorry for my english.

I configured a bridged network with 4 AP 1242AG.

The wireless network works but I have a problem:

any client connected on the 2,4 GHz cannot access to the VNC server.

The server and the clients are on the same lan but the server is connected to the AP (root bridge) ethernet interface.

The clients and the APs management are on different lan. only one ssid and only bridge-goup 1 f.or interface

You have an idea?

Thnks

Hi,

what do you mean by "The clients and the APs management are on different lan"? Are they on different subnets/vlans?

Then you would have to explicitly configure the vlan of the clients to be transmitted over the bridge if it is not vlan 1.

Could you provide a topology plan of your network with vlans shown?

Greets, Sebastian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card