cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509E AC power receptacles

ahuffer
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a client to deploy a new DC co-lo and have a question about the power receptacles being supplied.

The co-lo is suggesting they are going to give us L6-30R, 208V/30A receptacles in the rack. The 6509 chassis we have ordered all have 6000W power supplies and the CAB-AC-C6K-TWLK power cables.

CAB-AC-C6K-TWLK is described as L6-20, 250VAC/16A.

Do I need to tell our co-lo to refit to L6-20 receptacles for the 6509?

I'm not a power guy really. The other two posts on this topic were not clear as to the relevant distinction between L6-30R and L6-20.

Thanks for any help.

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi friend, none of us are power guys but in one way or another we are faced to learn the basics of electronics when faced with these types of scenarios implementations , power reqauirements etc.., believe me we all get cought in the big question mark when faced with this!

According to this list in the pdf link the L6-30R and L6-20 are very much the same recepticle type, I would provide the co-lo the exact type of connector types you will be using on your switches power supplies, usually the electricians doing the job know much better than anyone when you tell them what type of connector cable you will use, they will know what exactly needs to be done.

here is a great reference to go by

http://hblinfo.com/Press/PDFS/Section-W.pdf

Rgds

-Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Nathan Spitzer
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco doesnt sell them but you can get L6-30's power cords compatable with 6500's.

What you want is a IEC60320/C19 to L6-30 power cords rated at least 20 amps. I bought a bunch recently, $18 for 8ft and $26 for 15 ft.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card