cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Runnign switch of wireless bridge

brock0150
Level 1
Level 1

Having issues with a cisco 2950 switch that is feeding off of a lwapp 1242. The 1242 is connected through mesh to a 1510, I can connect to the 1242 throgh wireless and it works fine. I plug the switch or even plug the laptop directly into the 1242 and I can surf the web for maybe a minute and then it goes offline (the laptop). I can do a continuous ping to the gateway from the laptop and it gets a pattern of about 10 replys, then 10 time outs for a few minutes and then it gets like 100 replys and then back to the 10 reply's and 10 time outs. I've replaced the patch cable and even removed the power injector, resorted to bypassing the switch by plugging the laptop directly into the 1242. Nothing appears to go down though when I'm plugged in to the 1242, the interfaces stay up and I can be connected to the wireless from the 1242 while I'm trying to surf the web from a different computer that is plugged into and not working. Any suggestions on things to look for or if there is something particular that has to be done for this to work. Thanks

1 Reply 1

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Are you using multiple vlans & trunking on the switch? If so, is the switch set to transparent mode?

You may want to look at the switch logs on both sides. Also, check the speed & duplex settings on both the switch and the AP and look at the interface counters on both ports for issues.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card