Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 IOS Upgrade Help

james.sealey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a WS-C3750G-24T-E that is currently running the following version of IOS which I believe is an EMI image; c3750-i5-mz.121-19.EA1d.

Now, I would like to upgrade this to gain some of the additional features, especially around port security, but have been very confused by the feature sets. If I use the software advisor and select the EMI feature set I get directed to download c3750-i5-mz.12.2-20.SE3 which is not available.

Can anyone please help me to understand what these feature sets are and which ones are compatible with my hardware.

Thanks in advance,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

James

You happened to have picked an IOS version that has been retired by Cisco that is all.

You just need to choose a different one. For example a quick search on Feature Navigator shows that this one would meet your requirements

c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-25.SEE4.bin

However i would recommend you use feature navigator to find the exact IOS you want

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

and then "Search by Platform"

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

James

You happened to have picked an IOS version that has been retired by Cisco that is all.

You just need to choose a different one. For example a quick search on Feature Navigator shows that this one would meet your requirements

c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-25.SEE4.bin

However i would recommend you use feature navigator to find the exact IOS you want

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

and then "Search by Platform"

Jon

Thanks for the quick reply Jon.

Are there no restrictions on the feature set that I am entitled to use?

James

James

Yes there are restrictions. There are feature set restrictions and IOS version restrictions. It is best to talk to your Cisco reseller if you have one to find out what you are entitled to and what you need to pay for.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card