cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway, Gatekeeper and SRST question

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have a customer which has a central Cluster with other remote offices having local TDM systems. Connected to each site is a Voice WAN h323 gateway which is Qsig to H323 conversion providing access into their voice network.This is repeated in all their sites, the lcoal GW in each

Current set up CCM >>>> GW>>>>CLOUD>>>>GW>>>>TDM

Central site extension 2xxx, site code 123

SRTS 4xxx site code 444

The TDM sites will be replaced with SRST sites with a local PSTN Gateway . The question I have is based upon the different set ups as below

CCM>>>>>GK>>>CLOUD >>>GW>>>>>>>SRST

CCM>>>>>GK>>>>CLOUD >>SRST

CCM>>>>>CLOUD>>>> SRST

In an ideal world the customer wants to keep a GW at each site

and maybe later add a Gatekeeper between the two later

CCM>>>>>GK>>>GK>>>>CLOUD >>>GW>>>>>>>SRST

I know that if you have multiple CCM and CCME you can have a Gatekeeper as well for CAC, routing etc between the two

If you replace the TDM solution with SRST can you keep the existing Q sig/ H323 local Voice WAN GW at the site so to route calls onto the Voice WAN

I know should be able to keep the local GW at teh SRST site and have a route pattern in the central CCM so to route calls from the SRST site out on the Cloud by the local GW but what about inbound ?

Can the CCM have a route pattern from it to the local SRST via Translation maybe to route their CCM calls out on their local GW to the SRST GW across the Cloud and terminate on the SRST extensions?

The same set up would be for calls from other Sites also having a local cloud GW - How would TDM sites with a lcoaL GW be able to call an extension in the SRST site normally you would point a dial-peer to the IP address of the CCM, CCME but can you route calls direclty to the SRST site if you can , how would you configure the dial-peers for the remote SRST site as now there is not a single IP destination as in another CCME, CCM system

hope it makes sense

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

Could you provide the details of Debug gatekeeper main 10, debug gatekeeper main 5, sh gatekeeper endpoints?