shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

not able to solve the extranet problem, not able to receive the stream

7 Replies 7

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

we are trying to implement extranet in the home lab. For this we designed sender and receiver vrf adn both will communicate with each other as per extranet rfc. But we are not able to receive the stream. Configuration is attached please review it adn post your comments

Hi Shivlu,

I quickly checked your configs and they look good. Can you tell me where you get stuck.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

I am not able to receive the stream from one vrf to another vrf. Please provide me the solution.

regards

shivlu

Shivlu,

I see you have 2 images on the 7200. Are you using 12.2(31)SB11 to test extranet mVPN? If so, can you provide us with the output from a "show ip mroute vrf SOURCE" from the 7200.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hritter

I am using c7200-pk9u2-mz.124-19.bin ios. My all tunnels are established properly and everything is behaving fine. Just i ahve to ask one thing do my ios should support mdt because this is what i am not enabling.

regards

shivlu

Shivlu,

MDT is not necesseraly required, as you can see your tunnels are up. The legacy mode is used for exchanging default MDT information when MDT SAFI is not available.

The issues here is that extranet mVPN is not supported in 12.4. The 12.2SB image supports it though. The 2851 should be fine with its current image as it does not really need to run extranet mVPN functionality, which is handle by the 7200.

Please try with the 12.2SB image and let me know if you are still having issues.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

hritter

thanks for your reply, But I had completed the testing of extranet multicasting and now writing a document. You are abso write and I did the same thing.

regards

shivlu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: