Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital Signage & RSS feeds

Hi all

I'm doing some tests with Cisco Digital Signage, more specifically with the Digital Media Designer and RSS feeds.

When I create a so called Box and link a RSS Ticker to that box, I cannot change the font size. The text is to big, and only one line at a time appears. Is it possible to change the font size (and type), and to show a whole a whole item of the subscribed feed in stead of word by word (yes, if the box is not full screen, sometimes only one word at a time is visible...)?

For your info: I'm using DMM version 1.1

Many thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

In the DMD the control for the font size of any RSS feed is attached to the box..as you know. Select the box in question. At the bottom right of the DMD main screen in the properties panel check the font size attributes for the box where the RSS is attached. You can control the font styles and size there in that properties panel. Is this not working?

This is indeed what i tried, but it isn't working: I can only change the text position and color, but size doesn't change.

Since I do not use the latest version of the DMP (2.43) I'm forcing an update to 2.43.1 now. Maybe this helps...

Believe me, I understand your frustration. I don't think the DMP firmware will help. We were very frustrated with the DMD and its limitations also. I don't think you will get more than a single line of a RSS feed. Try making the box smaller see if the font size adjusts when deployed.

Truthfully this was the first iteration of the DMD so its still very clunky in its first release. In late June the 5.0 version is due to be released. I understand that there is going to be a much needed re-design of the DMM GUI and the DMD will also see some improvements. Hopefully this issue will be addressed.

FYI...We are not using the DMD at this time because of issues just like what you have described. We got very frustrated with it and gave up. We are still building Sign apps for Cisco DMPs with HTML. The DMD was just to painfull.

Ok, thanks for your information. I guess I have to wait untill the 5.0 comes. Or pump it all into a Flash SWF file...

Just keep in mind that this product is less than a year old for Cisco. With that said and excuse made...I know that they are planning a rapid product development roadmap for Digital Signage as they are having great success with it as a product set.

You'll have to wait until 5.0 and the new DMP model comes out in June also to run a complete flash approach. The current 4305 DMP runs only flash 7 and that fairly poorly. Not enough processor.

If you feel like sharing what you're doing perhaps I can offer a work around. We specialize in content development for Cisco Digital Signage and the DMPs. You can reach me offline at colittle@gs-comm.com.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: