Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST HELP!!!!

I have a customer whose host site was affected by a tornado recently. The host site is pretty much flattened, and they are unable to get to the site to assess the damage. Anyway, they have a remote site that is in SRST, and the site is working fine, as far as making/receiving calls, etc. However, the customer would like to increase his call-taking capacity, and add about 20 more phones to the remote site. I was wondering if there was a way to add new IP phones and have them register w/ the SRST router, and be able to get a DN assignment.

At this point, I'm guessing no, as my understanding is that the phones get their SRST configuration from the call manager, and when the WAN goes down, the phone just keeps its configuration files and just registers locally to the SRST router.

So in a nutshell, I guess my question is, Is there a way for me to add phones to an SRST router that have never been introduced to a call manager? (phones are new out of the box)

3 Replies 3

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

Your best bet would be to change it to CME, but that is not a quick solution. But if it looks like this is going to last a few weeks, that would be better anyway because they would get more features.

Thanks for the prompt response Eric, I was actually thinking the same thing and Im going to run that idea by the customer.

Does anyone know if there is a way to console into a working phone, get the cnf.xml file out of the phone, and tweak it as far as mac-address and dn are concerned, upload it into a new phone, and get it to register w/the SRST router.

Is that possible?

I don't think there is any way to do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: