cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 old old SIP firmware, how can switch to Skinny?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I cant figure out for the life how to get the old SIP firmware off the 7960/7940 phones and switch to Skinny. I tried 79XX.TXT file and it gets me no where. Anyone have a shortcut way to make this work?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you doing the factory reset ?

Can you capture the tftp transactions ?

I tried the factory reset with holding down the button and waiting for the blinking headset, hold, etc and couldnt get it to work

You need to caputure the tftp messages, use a router or tftpd32.exe for that. Usually the reason is that phone is looking for some file and not give. Also, you can try loading first, an old sccp image, like 5.x

yeah, on the phone status we could see which file it wanted and in the log. Even though we put the file in the TFTP dir, it still would not take it.

Are you using tftp32d or what? If the phone request the file and is there, it must be given.

Tried TFTP32 and the CUCM server. couldnt get it to work. It's the original SIP 3x load

Please paste log of tftpd32 and content of OS79XX.TXT file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: