Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec payload change

manumohan200
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer is having an IP link to make international VoIP calls. The codec used in these trunk is G.729. But the problem is that the other end gateway will accept G.729 calls only with a payload of 30. By default the payload size for G.729 in Call Manager is 20, and this is the same used for their other internal VoIP calls.

If you want to change the payload, as far as I Know it has to be done under the Service parameters and will affect globally.

Because of this issue, we are not able to proceed with our integration. So please let me know if there is any way to change the payload type to 30 only for this particular trunk.

Thanks,

Manu

5 Replies 5

manumohan200
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Manu

Do we have any MTP in the middle?

Or call is just IP Phone --- RTP --- Remote peer ? We can try MTP

No way to change the payload for an specific H323 call or SIP

Hi,

Right now there is no MTP. But to acheive this requirement, we can put MTP in between. Please tell me how I can acheive my requirement using MTP.

Thanks,

Manu

Im thinking in configuring packet size in MTP profile and test.

Or we can try using an IP IP GW in the middle

Hi,

I checked for configuring the payload size under MTP profile, but it's not there.

Can you tell me how to do the same?

Thanks,

Manu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: