cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copper DID Rollover to Unity Fails

fultont
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site in rural Kentucky that is serviced by copper DIDs. In the past, inbound calls via the DID trunks were delivered correctly to each telephone AND if unanswered would rollover to Unity. Today, the calls ring the appropriate phones but they receive a fast busy after 4 rings instead of rolling to voicemail. If I call forward the extension to Unity and call from an outside line the call immediately rings busy. All internal calls internally at the site and across our VOIP network ring and roll correctly.

I need some assistance in resolving this problem. It has been going on for several months now and the users have just reported the problem.

Thanks,

Tim in Tennessee

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It could be a codec issue as unity takes calls in 711.

what gateway type, H323 or mgcp gateway?

View solution in original post

Yea, could be codec. Are you gettign MTP errors when you have calls fail? Phone to phone, rolling to VM would negotiate the correct codec, whereas if your 2811 is sending calls based on g.729 you'd need a hardware transcoder to get it back to g.711.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

fultont
Level 1
Level 1

Some more information to assist:

We running Unity 4.0.3 and CCM 4.2(3) at headquarters. The site is connected via an MPLS T1 to an 2811.

im not an expert by any means, but if i get you correctly and simpify what you just said, basically,

Internal Calls works properly and is able to reach voicemail - So we elimiate any real issues with UNITY itself.

External Calls is received on the phone but does not roll over to voicemail. - Therefore the call knows how to get to the phone, and therefore CSS/Partitions are correct up to that point, but the call does not know how to reach the voicemail, indicating CSS/Partition might be causing some issue. Comparing the voicegateway CSS to the voicemail CSS

if this is correct i think my first guess would be CSS/Partitions.

Whats the CSS of the voicegateway that calls are coming into and whats the css of the voicemail numbers.

Voicemail uses CSS-ALL which has PT-All in it.

The voicegateway users CSS-GRM-CallFlow which also has PT-ALL in it.

The VG is set exactly like our other 12 sites which have no problems.

Something that I've always thought was strange with this site, it the integrator did not configure the FXS card from within CCM since it's a MGCP gateway.

I too, am not the expert

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check your TSP version on Unity. If it's old, possibly upgrade up to 8.2.1. Sounds like a TSP issue though

That's possible as our TSP version is 8.1.2.

What's strange is that it was working on this version before.

It could be a codec issue as unity takes calls in 711.

what gateway type, H323 or mgcp gateway?

Yea, could be codec. Are you gettign MTP errors when you have calls fail? Phone to phone, rolling to VM would negotiate the correct codec, whereas if your 2811 is sending calls based on g.729 you'd need a hardware transcoder to get it back to g.711.

You were dead on! Switching the codec to g.711 fixed the problem for now anyway. I'll have learn how to create the hardware transcoder for truly fix it - always a learning process

Thanks for the advice