Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS - device clock no synchronized with CM

edward.cheong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having problem with my WAAS which is unable to get sync with the CM or the remote peer. I have tried forced all devices with the same timezone & even manually set the device clock by " clock set" but however I still see the minor alarm from the CM.

All devices (2 application accelerator + 1 CM) are running on version: 4.0.15.

Thanks,

Edward

5 Replies 5

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Edward,

Have you tried using a NTP server?

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your assistance.

Since there is no NTP server in the customer's network therefore I've tried to point both the accelerators to the CM as the NTP server, but that still doesn't works.

If I hardcoded the timezone of the all the devices to SIN for instance, some will show the correct time but some not, not sure why.

What would be the best practise on this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Edward

Edward,

Best practice is to have some kind of NTP server to point all the devices to. Customer can enable NTP on a router or windows server if needed.

Are you seeing on the CM that none of the graphs show data or just the alarms in the GUI? What version of WAAS code is running?

Dan

Edward,

are you using a module or the box? the module sometimes lose its time when the right command is not used especially when the router is shut down. You can try this method

1.configure one of the routers to be the ntp server

2. set the right time zone on the router with the right offset

3. update the software clock on the the wae with the command ntpdate server ip. after that tune the timezone on the wae to be the timezone you want it to be; clock timezone command. if the timezone dont sync. you should be okay with this.

Hi Dan,

The graphs is fine but just the alarm that annoyed me. I've tried manually set the date/time of the WAE by "clock set" to sync with the CM, but the alarm still there even the date/time of both the WAE & the CM is identical during compare via CLI.

WAAS code: 4.0.15

Hi dot,

I am using 612 (CM) & 2 X 7371.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try that out again & will post my update here later.

Thanks & Regards,

Edward

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: