Data Collector Timeout in LMS 3.0

Unanswered Question
May 14th, 2008

Hi all,

We have installed the LMS3.0. The devices in DFM are in Questioned>Other state with the following error code:"Data Collector Timeout". Although the devices were rediscovered, in the learning state still remain at the 40% rediscovered.

I found it is a reported bug (CSCsi01966) for a Solution server, but our system is Standalone.

Besides, the following message was logged in the server:"06-may-2008|16:23:13.500|ERROR|Redis|TP-Processor21|TableData|updateDB|.|The exception in db is com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBException: java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Se ha detectado IOException: java.io.IOException: JZ0P4: Error de protocolo. Este mensaje indica un problema interno del producto. P?ngase en contacto con el Servicio de asistencia t?cnica de Sybase." just when this problem happened.

Is this also a bug? Who we shoud have to contact with?

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Wed, 05/14/2008 - 08:14

You are hitting CSCsi01966. It doesn't just affect large scale deployments. There is an experimental patch you can get from the TAC which should fix this.

As for the other problem, this could indicate database corruption. But I should tell you, you will have to change the locale of the server to US English before you can contact the TAC. es_ES is not a supported locale for LMS.

Actions

This Discussion