Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5 and appadmin password

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I installed CCX5 with CCM5.1 where users are sync'd with AD and selected several Administrators from the Users list in CCX but now none of the Administrators can log in. Logging on as AppUser works fine but not appadmin so can't configure the server.

I've seen the procedure to reset the password (done it once already).

Any of you guys seen this and can suggest a fix?

Cheers

Rich

11 Replies 11

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

Upon initial installation of CRS, the appadmin login/password is default to id = Administrator pw = ciscocisco

(the ID and PW are case sensitive so enter as you see them written above)

After you login with this, the setup can begin.

You will not be able to login, the first time after installation, with any admins except appadmin and the default password.

After setup is completed, you'll be able to login with admins you have assigned.

(the default password will no longer work after CRS setup is completed)

Please see the following link for more information on appadmin default installation/setup login:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_5_0/installation/for_crs/crs501ig.pdf

Hi,

Thanks for reply. However I'm passed that bit. I have already configured the Administrators in CCX but they couldn't login in "Unauthorized". I have followed the reset appadmin procedure again which seems to resolved it.

Thanks

Hi, sorry to disturb. I have same problem. Which procedure did you find to reset the appadmin?

Hi,

The Supervisor password is not from AD. The password is the same as their ID!

Thats where I was going wrong

Sorry but i was speaking about appadmin login.

Something has desynched and i can't login anymore in the administration! i thought you had the same problem and found a procedure to reset it to Administrator/ciscocisco.

There was one for 4.x but it doesn't work anymore for 5.0..

if you know it, please let me know..

thanks

Oops. Wrong answer to wrong question. Sorry.

Correct answer:

To reset Appadmin password:

You can reset the CRS Administrator's ID and password back to initial

install (Administrator / ciscocisco) using the following procedure:

On the CRS server, go to C:\Program Files\wfavvid and double click on

the file cet.bat

Click No at the warning regarding using this tool

In the left hand pane, double click on the following Configuration

Object Type: com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.AppAdminSetupConfig

In the right hand pane, double click on the row returned for your node

In the new window, click on the

"com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.AppAdminSetupConfig" tab

Change the value for Setup State to "Fresh Install"

Click on Apply to save the changes

Reset the CRS Node Manager Service in Windows NT Services

You should now be able to login to Appadmin using

Administrator/ciscocisco and go through initial setup and select a new

administrator. It will remember most of the settings you used during the

initial install.

thanks.

i had to choose "FRESH_INSTALL" from the popup.

now i managed to start over.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. After running the initial set up, I did not manage to log in again to the UCCX Administrattion page. I just wanted to confirm which new Username and Password should I use. I did not see anywhere where I should create a new username/password during the initial set up.

I would much appreciate if you could help please.

Regards,

Chandrasen

Hi, I am facing the same issue. If I do FRESH_INSTALL, will all script and configuration be deleted?

Hi Johan,

No, it wont be lost. You will get an option to choose another UCCX administrator once again.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi

I find lately that UCCX 8.x loves to delete all the Desktop Adminitrator config when you do anything like this.

I've seen it when setting fresh_install, and when modifying languages for CAD etc. If you have workflows and so on configured take some config shots, export your phone books etc. first just in case.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: