cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2106 Dynamic Interfaces

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, ive configured the 4400 controllers before and am familiar with the terms involved, ive recently acquired a 2106 controller, i have assigned an AP Manager and Management Address to Port 1 on the same subnet and can ping the device.

Subsequently i have several different vlans with differing subnets that i want to provide wireless services too as well as a guest network.

As such i have configured the WLAN's and associated each one to it's own dynamic interfaces. Each dynamic interface is in turn associated to it's own port on the controller.

Port 1 - AP Manager/Management

Port 2 - Dynamic Interface - WLAN A

Port 3 - Dynamic Interface - WLAN B

Port 4 - Dynamic Interface - WLAN C

And so on, unfortunately when configuring this i lose connection to the controller, if i put all dynamic and static interfaces onto a single port it works fine.

Im running Rapid PVST+ on my switches and am thinking it may be a spanning-tree issue but need clarification if what im doing is actually possible?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Mark,

In a previous post - this issue was resolved by upgrading the WLC to ver 5.x What ver are you running right now?

HTH.

Currently running version 5.0.148.0, im glad there is a known issue though.

Regards

Indeed, im going to try re-flashing the unit with the updated code.

My Management/Native Vlan is 999 on all switches and across trunk ports.

Ill have another shot at it and see how things go.

Regards

Now im confused, all working now, cheers for pointing out the above.

Regards

No problem - glad to help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card