cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM High Alerts monitoring

tverhoeven
Level 1
Level 1

We have several routers in our environment with multiple interfaces that are not pingable from our location. I need DFM to monitor these, which it does, but when the routers come back online the alarms never seem to clear DFM. Is there a way to have these non-pingable ports monitored only via snmp?

I hope this question make sense....it is 0630 and I did just get out of bed....

thanks

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are using DFM 3.0, you can unmanage the IP addresses only (this is done from the DFM Detailed Device View). That will keep DFM from pinging those addresses. If you have DFM 2.0, you will need to contact the TAC to get a Perl script to do this. Reference bug CSCsb48643.

and this will allow the interface to be managed by snmp only? PERFECT!

The DEVICE will be managed by SNMP, and the interface by which the device was added CANNOT have its IP address unmanaged. Therefore, the device will be polled with SNMP and pinged with ICMP on the IP address by which it was added to DFM. However, DFM will not ping the OTHER IPs on the device.

Hi,

Thank you for this useful trick!!

my other question connected to this matter is that I would like to manage and monitor about 3000 devices but i don t want manually to disable all ip addresses via display view ..

is there a way to disable ip addresses when you insert all your devices into DFM? script or change some configuration in systems files?

regards,

alex

Hi,

I got the same issue, can you please tell me where can I unmanage the IP addresses.

I cannot find it from the DFM detailed Device View.

Is it in Device Management >Device Details.

Sorry the question may seem stupid.

Thx,

Ashley

Hi,

I got the same issue, can you please tell me where can I unmanage the IP addresses.

I cannot find it from the DFM detailed Device View.

Is it in Device Management >Device Details.

Thx,

Ashley

Under DFM > Device Management > Device Details, you can view the details of a device. In the left-hand tree pane you will see an IP address option. If you select that you can unmanage certain IP addresses of the device. DO NOT unmanage the IP address by which the device has been added to DFM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco