Helpful
Replies

Music on Hold just for PSTN caller!!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

CCM 4.13

I dont think this can be done, but I want to verify with you guys.

1. extension 1111 calls extension 1112, if extension 1111 place on hold, we dont want any music being played.

2. PSTN calls DID extension 1111, when extension 1111 place on hold, PSTN caller should hear music.

If 4.13 doesnt have this feature, how about 6.1??

Thanks

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken,

If extension 1112 should not hear music, then assign them a MRGL that does not have access to the MOH resource. They'll hear tone on hold instead.

If the PSTN should hear music, then assign the gateway a MRGL that has access to the MOH resource.

Does this meet the requirement?

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken,

If extension 1112 should not hear music, then assign them a MRGL that does not have access to the MOH resource. They'll hear tone on hold instead.

If the PSTN should hear music, then assign the gateway a MRGL that has access to the MOH resource.

Does this meet the requirement?

Regards,

Michael.

Michael,

It does make sense to me... never thought about that.

I am going to try now.

Thanks millions

Ken

You're welcome Ken. Keep us posted!

Regards,

Michael.

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

You can do this by distinguising your off-net and on-net calls. By using on-net MOH you can specify silence or tone on hold and when you have an off-net call you can then specify your MOH.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsmoh.html#wpxref59089

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: