Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CCM 4.2 to 5.1

paa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I have an old MCS-server with 4.2. I want to byu new MCS-server and upgrade my CCM 4.2 to new hardware and new version UCM 5.1. What should I do to perform migration from old hardware and old CCM to new hardware and new UCM?

Can you post step-by-step guide?

Is it correct plan?

1) Run DMA on old hardware (CCM 4.2)

2) Install UCM 5.1 on a new hardware server with option "Upgrade windows"

3) Load DMA-file to UCM 5.1

4) Upload license info from new 5.1 UCM and send request about new DLU files

The most important question for me is licensing with new hardware server.

1) Should I have a PAK with upgrade disks? And If I shouls, How should I use it?

2) What about cluster (publisher and subscriber) - should I byu separate upgrade 4.2->5.1 for each node?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alexander,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Jaime;

"The most important question for me is licensing with new hardware server.

1) Should I have a PAK with upgrade disks? And If I shouls, How should I use it?

2) What about cluster (publisher and subscriber) - should I byu separate upgrade 4.2->5.1 for each node?"

The Pak will need to be registered using the Mac Address of the new Publisher Hardware and will need to be obtained prior to the actual upgrade.

You will need to purchase the upgrade for all nodes to ensure the new "license" reflects the correct number of Nodes.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

we already have guides for that:

Install and Upgrade Guides

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guides_list.html

the basic steps are to run the DMA, start installing the new CUCM, when prompted choose the upgrade option and point to the DMA file when asked, continue with the installation to the end.

after all is installed the license will be installed, you will need to send it to licensing@cisco.com to get the temporary license into a permanent license.

once you have a publisher installed as with any other version you can install the subcribers just using the "this is not the 1st node in the cluster" during the install

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is it correct when I do upgrade with hardware replacing? And what about PAK - I read in some treads that it should be before install and I should get node license for new server using this PAK ?

Hi Alexander,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Jaime;

"The most important question for me is licensing with new hardware server.

2) What about cluster (publisher and subscriber) - should I byu separate upgrade 4.2->5.1 for each node?"

The Pak will need to be registered using the Mac Address of the new Publisher Hardware and will need to be obtained prior to the actual upgrade.

You will need to purchase the upgrade for all nodes to ensure the new "license" reflects the correct number of Nodes.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: