Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5.0(1) to 5.0(2) Caveat

Anyone familiar with this? A TAC Engineer told me of this licensing caveat with UCCX 5.x:

UCCX 5.0(1) allows Standard Seat licenses to use CAD, but 5.0(2) requires an Enhanced Seat to use CAD.

4 Replies 4

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tis true.

Release Notes for CRS 5.0(2) states:

Standard license repackaging to include skill based routing. Only IPPA is supported in the standard package. CAD is supported only on Enhanced and Premium license.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_5_02/release/notes/crs502rn.pdf

SRND for UCCX 5.x states:

For Unified CCX 5.0(2), the standard package will support skill and competency-based routing. However, it will no longer support Cisco Agent Desktop. IP Phone Agent and Cisco Supervisor Desktop will continue to be supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_5_0/design/guide/crs502srnd.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael - thanks, yes this is helpful. I guess the problem I have is Cisco making a significant licensing change in what effectively a minor update (5.0(1) to 5.0(2)). I think this was a very bad decision at best.

Brian,

Certainly good feedback which I hope you have channeled to your Cisco Account Team.

The 5.0(2) release was deemed as more than a maintenance release as it was targeted to support CUCM 6.1.

My understanding is that the driver for standard license repackaging was so that it would effectively address the entry level ACD market segment. A business/marketing decision that obviously had implications for those customer's that are already using the CAD with the standard package CAD and looking to upgrade to 5.0(2). I may be wrong but I suspect there may be discounts or promos to 'ease' the migration for such customers. Check with your friendly Cisco Account Team.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Thanks Michael, this is promising news. We have addressed it with our account team and are awaiting feedback.

Regards,

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: