cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.2(0)/UC500 - voicemail

scotteturner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC500/CME 4.2(0). When a caller dials the main number and then is transfered to an extension, they leave a message if no one answers at the extension. When the person at the extension listens to their voicemail, it says that the call was from the main number (plays the main number recorded voice). How do I change it so it does not play the recorded voice and says it's from an outside caller?

Thanks for your help!

Scott

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

This is usually related to the Transfer method being used. I just tested this to make sure (albeit on CCM). If a "Blind" Transfer is used then the Outside caller info is played. If a "Consult" Transfer is used you receive the Internal info.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply. No matter which way they transfer, the recorded name on the voicemail message is the one of the operator.

I know in CCM when this happens it says from an outside caller, but it is not working this was for me using CME.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Can you test this with the various Transfer settings (Blind,Consult,Full xxx) using the display on the IP Phone to see if any of these can Transfer the CLID of the Original Caller. Then move on to VM.

Just a thought,

Rob