cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMARTnet Coverage Question

jgordon4119
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of developing a disastery recovery plan. I was wondering if our SMARTnet coverage would replace equipment damaged or destroyed in a disaster.

If I read this correctly, the answer is no:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/prod_warranty0900aecd8013f245.pdf

Is that correct?

That document refers to warranty coverage but does mention that services (like SMARTnet?) are also included.

Thanks,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

This is a fairly common question actually.

The easiest answer is " Lightning, Floods, fires, (all the other "acts of God") are not "Manufacturing Defects" or break-fix.

As such, your insurance should cover replacement, including new SmartNet, if needed. I believe with disaster circumstances, you may be able to transfer your coverage on a pro-rated basis.

Work with your Cisco representative for a definitive answer for your specific equipment and the situations covered.

The other issue with SmartNet versus Warranty is that SmartNet replacements are usually refurb'd units, Warranty replacements will be new product.

Good Luck

Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the document seems very clear to me and considering that smarnets are nontransferable, if you loose the device, you loose the smartnet as well.

However such issues are better discussed with you cisco representative than in a technical forum.

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

This is a fairly common question actually.

The easiest answer is " Lightning, Floods, fires, (all the other "acts of God") are not "Manufacturing Defects" or break-fix.

As such, your insurance should cover replacement, including new SmartNet, if needed. I believe with disaster circumstances, you may be able to transfer your coverage on a pro-rated basis.

Work with your Cisco representative for a definitive answer for your specific equipment and the situations covered.

The other issue with SmartNet versus Warranty is that SmartNet replacements are usually refurb'd units, Warranty replacements will be new product.

Good Luck

Scott

Scott,

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed! I am working with my Cisco representative now to get specifics.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: