User Badges:

Dear expert,

I had a scenario as following

A--611MB---E Ethernet link to customer-Primary

B--611mb---F Ethernet link to customer-Primary

C--611MB---G Ethernet link to customer-Backup

D--611MB---H Ethernet link to customer-Backup

here A,B,C,D are provider end and E,F,G,H are customer end

Means I had four link to customer. His total requirement is 1222mb Internet link

A,B are primary link with BGP on loopback IP and C,D are backup link with BGP on loopback IP.

In this setup if link A---E goes down traffic will not shift to backup link and customer will get only 611mb (out of his requirement of 1222mb)

We want to create a scenario in which say A---E or C---g goes down he could have 1222mb out of four links

Is it possible with BGP and how?

rEGARDS

mAHESH

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ariela Thu, 05/15/2008 - 01:52
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi,

I suppose that A/B are routers on ISP-1, and C/D are routers on ISP-2. So, on the Customer side you can use the GLBP protocol:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipapp/configuration/guide/ipapp_glbp.html

and on ISPs side something like OER (that now is called Performance Routing). More infos:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps8787/products_ios_protocol_option_home.html

HTH

Regards

Andrea

mahesh-gohil Thu, 05/15/2008 - 02:11
User Badges:

No A,B are two different link on routerX with same providerA

and C,D are two different link on routerY with same providerA

Regards

devang_etcom Wed, 05/21/2008 - 10:33
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Mahesh,

Probably you can do this by using BGP... manipulation of BGP attributes and advertisement of your routes... but I am not sure what you are looking for in your network... definitely BGP will add some complexity in network... but it seams to be the proper solution... let me know if you need further help...

regards

Devang Patel

Actions

This Discussion