Views
Helpful
Replies

AIP-SSM errors

josephium
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the AIP-SSM module running version 6.1(1) E1 is making my ASA do a failover every 2 weeks, when i check the ASA logs i find the following error : Module in slot 1 experienced a control channel communication failure.

this was also the case with the older 6.0 (3) 6.0 (4) versions

any thoughts ?

3 Replies 3

rhermes
Level 7
Level 7

There is no 6.1(1)E1 for the AIP-SSM module. The latest version of software is the same as the other appliance platforms, 6.0(4)E1

I would assume your bug hasn't been fixed, but reading the release notes for 6.0(4)E1 should tell you if it has been resolved or is still outstanding.

Just to get you up to date.

The standard 6.1(1)E1 upgrade file is supported on the AIP-SSM (as well as the 4240, 4255, 4260, and 4270 IPS Appliances, and the IDSM_2):

IPS-K9-6.1-1-E1.pkg

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ips6

The IPS 6.1(1)E1 released on cisco.com just a few weeks ago.

As for the original issue for this thread about the control channel communication issue I am not sure which DDTS this would be, and what if any version addresses the issue.

Have you talked with the TAC and determined a specific DDTS Bug ID for this issue?

no i will check with TAC, so you think this is a hardware prblem in the module ?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card