Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CME as a voice gateway

tsutherland
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CallManager (v.4.1.3) cluster in the UK and a CME (v4.0) in the USA. They are connecting by a route plan direct to the CME which is setup on the CCM as an H.323 gateway.

At present we only dial extension numbers in the USA from the UK.

I have been asked if I can setup our systems so that we can use an access code to go across our WAN to the USA and then break out on to the USA PSTN system from our CME in the USA.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how it should be configured?

Many Thanks

Terry

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, it's perfectly possible. Just route so that 001 follow by 10 digits is is routed to the CME, and that's it.

I have set this as a route filter using the pattern 9.001XXXXXXXXXX and doing a PreDot digit discard.

I have also tried it on the patterns 001XXXXXXXXXX or 1XXXXXXXXXX with no digit discard.

When I call from the UK I get the standard "Your call cannot be completed as dialled" message, which I think is coming from CallManager and not CME.

I must be missing something here....

Does it have an american accent? If so it's because somewhay, the number is misdialed in the US gateway. Which type of lines do you have in there ?

All sorted thanks - I had an error in my dial plan, which once sorted I can now dial the contintental US no problem.

Thanks for your help though.

You're welcome, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: