cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Random - Call Forward All

Foldron2002
Level 1
Level 1

Need help with a CallForwardAll problem.

Since end of December 2007. Random phone in the office witch to CFwdALL to different numbers.

Got the problem 2-3x by week.

My search indicate the call is forwarded to a number the user did use recently.

Ex: Call are forwarded to: VoiceMail, Reception, Home, internal extension, etc ...

Thanks !

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The user is likely pressing CFwdALL instead of New Call when making a call. You could either train the user to use a different method of initiating calls (Speaker button, line button, handset, dial the number and then press Dial) or remove the CFwdALL button from their phone.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks for the reply Brandon

But I know it's not users related, this problem is occuring 2 - 3 times a week since December on random users and always to a number recently used by the user.

Exemples:

Monday the VP Finance at ext 1234, does a call to the 800 global conference call number ex: 800.123.4567

Tuesday the reception is able to transfer call to the ext 1234

Wednesday, reception try to call 1234 to tell him someone just arrived at the reception for him. Result: The reception call 1234, but the call is forwarded to 800.123.4567

I got a list of over 40 cases like this since December.

My guess is the CM is forwarding the line to last dialled number.

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

I've had similar situations occur and - in my case - the situation had to do with inbound calls that were attempting to be "transfered". Well - that soft key is in the exact same position of the cfwdall key and depending on the state of the soft keys, they thought they were transfering when, in fact, they were call forwarding all.

Specifically, if the calling party hangs up while the user is attempting to transfer the call, the softkeys change and what was transfer reverts to call forward all.

Good luck,

Amir

Foldron2002
Level 1
Level 1

Found the answer, hope this can help other people.

We have a new cleaning team during night hours.

And that new lady really clean the phones.

The way she dust, she hit CFwdALL, then Redial

So calls are forwarded to the last dialled number.

I did try to change the key emplacement, but it was faster and easyer to TRAIN her and let her know that the equipment was sensitive.