Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS support for HWIC-1ADSL on 1841?

usslindstrom
Level 1
Level 1

As always, thanks for assisting...

I just recently (and very expensively) purchased a HWIC-1ADSL for my 1841 router.

Unfortunately, it doesn't display in the configuration - nor any lights appear on it for power/link.

My first guess is I need to upgrade my IOS. The current version on my 1841 is 12.4(17). Which appears to be pretty current.

Could somebody please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Did you try to check out the output of show version or show diag command ?

can you just check out whether the ios is detecting the module using those commands ?

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

you can make use of the above mentioned tool to find out the software code required to support the hardware installed in your router.

regds

Jonathan

It looks to me like you need the 12.4T train of code rather than 12.4 mainline to support the HWIC-1ADSL. I found it it referenced in the release notes for 12.4(11)T, so you need that or something more recent than that.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

HWIC-1ADSL is requires minimum 12.4.4T IOS version to be supported on 1841 router. You are correct in saying that you are running a later release but its not a T train its a general deployment release.

You need to be running T release IOS for this module to work. Upgrade the router to the latest available T release like 12.4.15T or something like that - not sure if cisco has release any other IOS after this.

-> Sushil

Hi

here's the link which talks about this -

HWIC-1ADSL and HWIC-1ADSLI were first supported in 12.4(4)T with 2.5.27

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/product_data_sheet0900aecd80394b7e_ps5853_Products_Data_Sheet.html

above table 2.

-> Sushil

Thank you guys very much for the info...

It looks like my winner is then:

c1841-broadband-mz.124-4.T3.bin

But now comes the fun part. How and where can I download that IOS release?

A while ago, I found the spot on Cisco's site and was able to download IOS' using my username/password... But I can't seem to find the same location.

Following this link, and navigating to "IOS Softwar" gives me a "restricted page"

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/index.shtml

Any ideas.

Again, thanks for all the help.

Also, this image:

c1841-broadband-mz.124-15.T5.bin

Would be an even better choice.

usslindstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you everyone for your solutions here...

Problem solved with the Router in not recognizing the HWIC module, by utilizing this IOS:

c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T3

. . .

james.painter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Usslindstrom,

I know this is a long shot, but could someone help me source the IOS file "c1841-broadband-mz.124-15.T5.bin" please. I have tried setting up a Cisco account but it would appear i need more than that. I have a Cisco 1841 (Aquired during clearing out a Comms unit.) and a HWIC-1ADSL-M (Never used, Still boxed, Was ment to be intalled by ISP fo backup a while ago, never happened). I have put the module in the 1841, but it wont detect it, seem to be exacly the same issue.

If someone could help me, either let me know how to download from Cisco or a FTP location (I have one if you could send me the file?) Please let me know.

Thanks,

James

Unfortunately the only legal way to get that software is to download it from Cisco. And to download it from Cisco you need an active maintenance contract, which it sounds like you do not have.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: