cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA186 issues after upgrade from CM 4.1 to 6

nmacleanPKI
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded our cluster from CM 4.1 to 6.. I dont know if it's related or is something outside of call manager causing this.. but I have several ATAs that will not establish outside connectivity.. You can hook up an analog buttset and dial out no problem.. but for modem applications, the handshake just wont happen.. I've also got some analog Polycoms set up on ATAs that are reportedly dropping calls after 30 mins or less.. Has anyone ever come across an issue like this?

Thanks for any input!

-n

4 Replies 4

dennislynn
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that upgraded to 6 also and his ATA 188's are also resetting every 30 to 35ish minutes. The boxes reset with or without an analog device connected.

Looking for any info

I also am having problems with CM6 and ATA's that have polycom phones attached to them. The calls disconnect every 32 minutes.

Did anyone find a solution to thier ATA issues?

One solution is to make sure that you configure the second port on the ATA.

This is beacuse the ATA attempts to download configuration for the second port and int he process resets the ATA, hence when a call is active it drops the call..

To configure the second line on the ATA is a bit tricky, here is what nneeds to be done...

.You need to add it as a new device and use the mac address obtained from the steps below:

Drop the first two nibbles of the MAC address and shift the MAC address to the left, then add 01 to the

right end of the MAC address. For example if the mac address of the ATA is 00070EA26032 and is already configured for port 1, then 070EA2603201 will be the mac address for port 2.

1. 00070EA26032..............drop the first 2 numbers/letters on the mac address

2. 070EA26032.................Shift to the left after step 1

3.070EA2603201...............add 01 to the end of result in step 2

Hence you will add a new ata device with the mac address of 070EA2603201. AFter configuring it, you can give it a dumy DN or leave it as it is. Just make sure that its configured and registered

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: