Views
Helpful
Replies

What controller code to use

brock0150
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have 3 wism's and on one of the controllers I have mesh code on it becuase we have a mesh network we are running. I was going to put the mesh code on another controller on a different wism so if the controller the mesh network was one ever failed, it would fail over to the other controller with mesh code. Then I started to wonder if there any reasons a person shouldn't be able to run the mesh code on all the controllers even if you don't have a mesh network running off of it. Basically just wondering if there is any type of good practice or bad practice as far as doing this or if i should just stick to non-mesh code on the controllers not running a mesh network. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

5 Replies 5

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

I have heard on the grapevine that the mesh & non-mesh trains will merge in a release in the not too distant future. If you do not need a feature or bug fix from a rev above what you are running, it may be best to wait.

Eric is right here. Here is another little tidbit of info. MESH APs will also work on 4.1.185 and early versions of 4.2 indoor code versions. The MIBs for the APs are removed from 5x code until the trains remerge later this year.

I would stick to 4.1.191-24M, waiting for the integration of indoor and mesh train (by september?)...

hth

Jerome

I have 4.1.185.0 on one of the controllers and I have 4.1.192.17M on the other controller, but on the other 2 wisms i'm running 4.1.181.0 and I just wanted to get those two a little up to speed since you can't download that version of code anymore. Also wanted to put 4.1.192.17M on another controller just for redundancy purposes. Thats when I started thinking about putting it on all the controllers.

Oh yes WiSM, sorry... yes, I would upgrade everyone to 4.1.192-22M and wait for the integration...

In any case, as you imply in your post, it's best to have all controllers running the same version of the code...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card