cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW LMS, CW VM and QPM installation on the same server

smandrapa
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to install CW LMS 3.0.x, CW Voice Manager and QoS Policy Manager on the same server? Is it wise?

If not, what is the minimal recommended number of servers for network consisting of ~150 network nodes and ~1500 phones?

What versions are compatible?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. The Common Services versions are not compatible. QPM and CVM will need to be on a separate server.

You could do this with two servers. On the second server, install QPM 4.0, then install CVM 3.0.

I installed Common Services 3.2, QPM 4.1.

QPM is up and running.

After that, on same machine, I installed Voice Manager 3.1.

When starting CiscoWorks, QPM still works ok, but whaen starting Voice Manager there is error

{CVMDbMonitor} : Cannot connect to 'cvm' database, please contact your system administrator.

How to solve this problem ??

CVM is not compatible with Common Services 3.2. I had said that QPM 4.0 and CVM could be installed on the same server. QPM 4.1 and CVM cannot be installed on the same server.

Is it possible to install QPM with Common Services 3.0?

Does Cisco plans to develop Voice Manager to support Common Services 3.2 in some near future?

QPM 4.0 and LMS 2.6 can coexist provided LMS is installed first. I know of no plans to release a version of CVM that supports CS 3.2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: