cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity deleting message template.

julienf28
Level 1
Level 1

I've been looking through help index, config manual and forums but can't seem to find out what I'm looking for.

Most phones have an option "7" to delete the messages in the VM inbox. Our Unity server is set up to press "3" to delete the messages.

How and where do I change this template for a specific user?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Julien,

Just to add a note to Brandons great info, if you are trying to Map the Keys so they are the same as an Avaya/Octel (7 Delete, 9 Save etc. etc.) Try using Optional Conversation 1 :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the Custom Key Mapping Tool. However, this will change the option for all users using the Custom Keypad Mapping conversation. See the following link.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CustomKeymap.htm

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Julien,

Just to add a note to Brandons great info, if you are trying to Map the Keys so they are the same as an Avaya/Octel (7 Delete, 9 Save etc. etc.) Try using Optional Conversation 1 :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. I read up with the activation manual of Conversation option 1 and told me I could change for specific Subcribers.

This was exactly the solution for me.

Thanks again,

Hi Julien,

You are most welcome :) This is a handy feature! Glad to be of some small help.

Take care,

Rob

Just to add to Rob's I found that octel serenade differ in Key Mappings over the years. Cisco's Keymap for Octel Serenade may not be the same as the Serenade system you are replacing. Apparently Octel made two different key map versions and Cisco picked the last revision to the key map. So if you present the key mapping "S" to the client and they say it's wrong, it's because they may have an old version of Serenade.

I basically go in and print out the "S" mapping and let the customer fill in the blanks of what they want to change and how. Then I update the key map and they can test it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: