cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME startup configuraiton

welaish77
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody post the startup configuration for a basic CME with PRI lines(vwic t1/e1). 12 phones only.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Really this is an area where there is no substitute for experience and logical thinking.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do telephony-service setup and it will build the basic config. for pri, you need to know how many digits DID you have and how your extensions are.

thanks for your prompt reply i will try this. attached is the PRI settings from our PSTN.

also if you have link for the basic setup configuration. please post it.

network-clock-participate wic X

network-clock-select E1 0/X/0

card-type E1 X

controller E1 0/X/0

framing no-crc4

pri-group

For the rest need to know how your extensions looks like.

My extentions is 700 till 899

but i will be only using 12 phones with pilot number of 777.

thanks for your prompt reply and help

If you only want to connect all and any call to 777, just configure "connection plar 777" under voice port x/y/z.

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

no i mean this will be the main number for the office. thats it.

So how do you want things to work ?

sorry for being late. every extensions can receive calls from outside and got a unique number. thats it.

Under telephony service

dialplan-pattern 1 04xxxxx.. extension-length 3 extension-pattern 7..

xxx has to be replaced with your number. If that doesn't work you need to take "debug isdn q931" with "term mon" for an incoming call.

thanks if i faced any problem i will get back to you. do u have any guide or weblink for this, it will help fill the gaps.

thanks

Really this is an area where there is no substitute for experience and logical thinking.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: