cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

May the customer ask a different feature set for the IOS?

The customer that has a support contract. May we send him an IOS with a different feature set, or should he buy the version with the different feature set?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Luiz

It is good that the customer has a support contract. But the support contract does not provide the authority to change the feature set. The customer bought the router (or switch) with a certain feature set. To change the feature set legally the customer should purchase a license for the new feature set. In general a feature set upgrade license is much less expensive that just purchasing a version of the software.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Luiz

It is good that the customer has a support contract. But the support contract does not provide the authority to change the feature set. The customer bought the router (or switch) with a certain feature set. To change the feature set legally the customer should purchase a license for the new feature set. In general a feature set upgrade license is much less expensive that just purchasing a version of the software.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Luiz

I am glad that my answer was helpful to you. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that there was a response which did resolve the question.

The forum is an excellent place to learn Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco