Correct cable??

Unanswered Question
May 15th, 2008


I've recently installed a cisco 2811 with a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card.

BT is providing me:

Electrical Interface: G.703

Physical Connector: BNC 75 ohm unbalanced

I have already ordered a CAB-ADPT-75-120 adaptor cable. Now my question is:

what cable do I need to connect my router to the NTE / Adapter?

Thanks in advance!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 05/15/2008 - 07:48

You don't need the adapter. You only need CAB-E1-RJ45BNC and configure "line-termination 75-ohm" under controller e1.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

jo.keunen Thu, 05/15/2008 - 22:51

well yes, I found that out AFTER i ordered the adaptor...

anyway as I have the adaptor now, what cable do I need to use to connect it to the router?

Thanks in advance!

jo.keunen Fri, 05/16/2008 - 01:25

i've found what i need:


or a RJ48C pinout. (pin 1,2,4,5)

i've made a STP cable with this pinout and it works.

the advantage with the adaptor is that I can make a custom length cable.


This Discussion