cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.1.1 Archive Issue

csco10000174
Level 1
Level 1

I have two CatOS switches that were being backed up fine until the 16th of last month. Since then I get a CM0002 error and it cannot keep the history, just the current running.

checking the dcmaservice.log file I see:

[ Thu May 15 09:48:25 PDT 2008 ],INFO ,[Thread-6359],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,getSysObjectID,420,SYS OID = .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.44

[ Thu May 15 09:48:25 PDT 2008 ],ERROR,[Thread-6359],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,archiveNewVersionIfNeeded,1235,CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required.java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedDcmaCatOS.analyzer.CatOSConfigAnalyzer.isDifferent(CatOSConfigAnalyzer.java:463)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedDcmaCatOS.analyzer.CatOSConfigAnalyzer.diffExists(CatOSConfigAnalyzer.java:85)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager.archiveNewVersionIfNeeded(DeviceArchiveManager.java:1179)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager.updateArchiveForDevice(ConfigManager.java:716)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager.performCollection(ConfigManager.java:1612)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.CfgUpdateThread.run(CfgUpdateThread.java:27)

[ Thu May 15 09:48:25 PDT 2008 ],ERROR,[Thread-6359],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager,updateArchiveForDevice,770,Error archiving config for sc5-pda01

[ Thu May 15 09:48:30 PDT 2008 ],INFO ,[Thread-6360],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,getSysObjectID,420,SYS OID = .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.44

[ Thu May 15 09:48:30 PDT 2008 ],ERROR,[Thread-6360],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,archiveNewVersionIfNeeded,1235,CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required.java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedDcmaCatOS.analyzer.CatOSConfigAnalyzer.isDifferent(CatOSConfigAnalyzer.java:463)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedDcmaCatOS.analyzer.CatOSConfigAnalyzer.diffExists(CatOSConfigAnalyzer.java:85)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager.archiveNewVersionIfNeeded(DeviceArchiveManager.java:1179)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager.updateArchiveForDevice(ConfigManager.java:716)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager.performCollection(ConfigManager.java:1612)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.CfgUpdateThread.run(CfgUpdateThread.java:27)

[ Thu May 15 09:48:30 PDT 2008 ],ERROR,[Thread-6360],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager,updateArchiveForDevice,770,Error archiving config for sc5-pda02

[ Thu May 15 09:48:37 PDT 2008 ],INFO ,[Thread-1],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.CfgThreadManager,run,96,#### End of Sweep Thu May 15 09:48:37 PDT 2008 ####

Research has not given me any clear answer as to the issue.

I have deleted and re-added the two devices with no success.

I have four access layer switches in this area of the network and the other two are fine. They run same code and I don't see any config differences that would account for this behavior.

Thanks,

Dale

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a known bug related to config file truncation. I don't have time to dig into this in much detail right now, so I recommend you open a TAC service request with the full dcmaservice.log as well as a sniffer trace of the config fetch operation.

You are probably referring to CSCsh69403. I found that one as well, but it states that it was fixed in 4.1. Even though I still did the work around by deleting and re-adding the device.

I'm referring to CSCsm71678 which is not fixed in any released version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: