cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring NM-1T3-E3 module on a 3845 Router

skhirbash
Level 1
Level 1

When I installed an NM-1T3-E3 module in a 3845 Router and did a sho ip interface brief or sho controllers, the module does't appear to be installed; however, upon booting up the router the following information shows:

345 0X000F6400 Clear/Fractional 1 port T3/E3

1 Subrate T3/E3 port

Can someone tell me what I need to do to configure this module? This will be a P2P DS3 connection to headquarters.

Thanks in advance,

sK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SK

Your configuration might look something like this:

card type t3 1

!

controller T3 1/0

clock source line

cablelength 10

! and any other controller parameters that you might need

!

interface Serial1/0

description whatever description you want

mtu 1476

bandwidth 44210

ip address 123.123.123.121 255.255.255.252

encapsulation ppp

keepalive 8

dsu bandwidth 44210

scramble

serial restart-delay 0

!

this is based on the configuration of a working router. Adjust whatever you need to fit your situation.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SK

What you need is a command to tell the router what kind of card (T3 or E3) it is dealing with. Use the command:

card type

and then you should see the serial interface in your config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Great! Thanks Rick. Now that I got the card recognized by the router, how do I configure the interface for a P2P connection?

In previous routers, I would use the S0 or S1 interface and configure the serial interface for a P2P connection but how do I do it with this T3 card on this newer router?

Thanks in advance,

sK

SK

Your configuration might look something like this:

card type t3 1

!

controller T3 1/0

clock source line

cablelength 10

! and any other controller parameters that you might need

!

interface Serial1/0

description whatever description you want

mtu 1476

bandwidth 44210

ip address 123.123.123.121 255.255.255.252

encapsulation ppp

keepalive 8

dsu bandwidth 44210

scramble

serial restart-delay 0

!

this is based on the configuration of a working router. Adjust whatever you need to fit your situation.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick..

This resolved my issue...

sK

SK

I am glad that my answers helped resolve your issue. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your issue was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read an issue and can know that there were responses which did resolve the issue.

The forum is an excellent place to learn Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Just bought a couple of these cards to put into my craigslist-facilitated homebrew CCNA lab, which includes a couple 2811s.  Had no idea what I was doing until now.  Thanks for your help!

I am glad that this discussion was helpful to you. These forums are a good place to learn about Cisco networking. I hope to see you continue to be active the forums.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card