Need Help with ATA 186

Answered Question
May 15th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi all,

I need help with a Cisco ATA 186. Our company has installed a analog intercom and since we are running a VOIP network, i had to hook the analog inetrcom through a ATA 186 and patched the ATA 186 into our network. Everything is working fine, however when you press the off hook button on the intercom, you only get a dial tone.

My question is: is there any way of telling call manager or the ATA to dial an extension immediately when the intercom goes off hook, instead of getting a dial tone? There is no key pad on the intercom so the user has no way of inputting any extensions.

What i would like to accomplish is to just assing a shared line on multiple phones so that when a user presses the intercom line, it automatically dials the shared line i have programmed into the phones.

Please help!! Thank you.

Correct Answer by Brandon Buffin about 9 years 2 months ago

You can configure PLAR for the ATA186 port. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
brandoncheah Thu, 05/15/2008 - 14:29
User Badges:

Brandon,

nice name btw :) I followed the instructions to the tee and it worked, it took a little configuring but it works as advertised. Thank you for your response and the link.

Actions

This Discussion