Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x Upgrade & Change from Exch2003 to 2007

We are planning an upgrade to Unity 5.x (from 4.0(4)) tonight and are also planning to move from Exchange 2003 to 2007. The Exchange 2007 Server is in place and ready for the mailbox moves. Can we move the mailboxes at the same time as we upgrade to Unity 5.x, or do we have to wait until the upgrade completes? I would think it doesn't matter as long as the 2003 server is still accessible ... our Exchange Administrator can move mailboxes while we're upgrading Unity.

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

I am doing the same from 421 to 5.01 and e2k3 to e2k7 and I am doing it in the lab first. So far it has been seemless. However I really would wait until Unity is upgraded until I moved the mailboxes.

I am also doing a Unity hardware upgrade so I am using GSM to move subscibers from the 421 to the 5.01 before moving the mailboxes.

rlp

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

While technically you should be able to move the mailboxes from one Exchnage server to the other during the upgrade, and at the end of the upgrade, the syncher should synch the mailbox moves in to Unity's SQL database, I highly discourage this. Wait until after the upgrade and verify all is working first.

If for whatever reason the upgrade fails and you have to revert to 4.0(4) and restore a 4.0(4) DiRT backup, you will have an un-supported configuration.

thanks Chris :-)