cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients can't communicate past the 2006 Controller

Lehrjet
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 controllers doing the same thing. I have an open SSID no security, clients are associated to the controller just fine, grab a DHCP address from the controller, and can ping the controller and the controller can ping the clients. Very simple network here just a test lan. The controller is plugged into a defaulted 2950 so no vlans no fire walls nothing. Have a laptop plugged into the same switch the laptop can communicate with the conroller just fine, web browse to it, change configs no problem. However it can not communicate with the client device. The client device can't get anywhere past the controller. I am at a loss here. Currently running 4.2.99.0 firmware on the controller. I have reset to factory defaults, reconfigured, still nothing Any help would be great. Plug another laptop in to the switch and it can communicate with the controller just fine and the other laptop just fine, but still not the wireless client. All fire walls are disabled on the laptops. I have tried multiple laptops and multiple clients all produce the same results, no communication past the controller. Anyone got any ideas?

4 Replies 4

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Turn off DHCP by proxy on the controllers. Some dhcp servers refuse dhcp by proxy requests.

It does the same thing with static IP addresses. I have done this time and time again it shouldn't be this hard but for some reason all 4 of my controllers are doing the same thing. I don't get it at all. They were working just fine 3 weeks ago too.

youre sure that you have no vlans setup on the controller? If not, all traffic should be passed through the management interface. It should be set to vlan id 0 as this means untagged. Is the ap manager interface applied to the physical port? If it wasnt then the APs shouldnt come up at all but I have seen stranger things. If none of these work Id call TAC man. It ain't woth losing your mind over it.

Ap's come up fine to the controller. Clients associate to the AP's fine so AP manager is ok. No vlans. at all. switch is totally default values. Strangest thing i have ever seen. thanks for the ideas all, I'll hit up TAC.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card