COBRAS restore of Database from Unity 4.2.1 to unity 5.0.1

Unanswered Question
May 15th, 2008

I have a Unity 4.2.1 Server with 600 subscribers. The Email Alias for all users is 'first.lastname' . I've done an Export and I have the database. Now I'm trying to Import the database into a Unity 5.0.1 Server which points to a different Exchange Server, and the Subscribers are the same, except that the Exchange Alias for this Unity server is 'first-lastname' COBRAS doesn't seem to like this and I get SQL errors in the Logs.

Is there a better way to do this?? Or is there something I'm doing wrong. I'm using the UnityMsgStoreSvc account for this. I've attached an error log, from just trying to import 1 user.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tommer Catlin Thu, 05/15/2008 - 13:09

I think in CORBRAs there is re-map of Alias for you. So when you go to import, it cant find the name, but if you map the old alias to the new alias it should work then.

Also try doing this import with a domain admin that has Unity access to make sure you can read/write to the SQL database locally. Unitymsgstoresvc may not have the correct permissions

lindborg Thu, 05/15/2008 - 17:27

Yes, COBRAS can do what you want here - I looked at your log earlier this afternoon and replicated the problem - I was getting a bit too cute with the name mapping logic and it was tripping up - I posted an updated version of the import earlier today, should do what you want.

let me know if you run into any trouble with it.

Jason Aarons Thu, 02/12/2009 - 17:59

I'm moving 1000 user from Voicmail Only to Unified and of course the alias is different. I have an Excel spreasheet where ColumnA is the old VM Alias and ColumnB is the new UM Alias. Can I use this excel spreadsheet to re-map the alias? Or do I have to do them one at a time in the Cobras Import GUI?

lindborg Mon, 02/16/2009 - 09:41

yes, you can mass change them using the MDB Viewer tool on the COBRAS page - it takes a CSV input file (just save your Excel spreadsheet as a CSV and map the column names up according to the help in the tool).

Jason Aarons Mon, 02/23/2009 - 10:12

The Cobras Data Extension Remapper requires 4 columns (OLD_ALIAS, NEW_ALIAS, OLD_EXTENSION, NEW_EXTENSION).

I am only changing the alias, they are keeping the same extension.

I get this error about extension conflict if they keep the same extension;

"unity5065,ASwonger2,,,,,,,,,,Ring phone for: Operator,Ignore Key,Ignore Key,Ignore Key,Ignore Key,Ignore Key,Ignore Key,Ignore Key,Ignore Key,Ignore Key,Route to subscriber sign in,Skip Greeting,5065,5065","[New extension conflicts with an existing extension in the backup database:Primary extension for subscriber with alias=ASwonger2]"

lindborg Mon, 02/23/2009 - 10:44

Where are you getting that error? In the MDB extension remapping routine itself in the data viewer tool or during the restore process? I'm assuming the former.

If you can send me the full failure log it creates there to look at that would be useful.

cuevas Mon, 02/23/2009 - 10:46

Actually i'm all set with this. turned out to be a bug in the version of COBRAS i was using.

Actions

This Discussion