cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Platform Configuration disc Question

pjt8537
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where a person can download the Cisco Unity Platform Configuration disc for Unity version 5.0.1? Thanks in advance!

Paul

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco Unity Platform Configuration discs have never been available for download unless someone wants to post it on their own ftp server for you.

I would but I can cause we purchase servers from HP and not Cisco. Those CDs only come from Cisco when you purchase a MCS server.

You need to give more information on what you have in case someone can help with it.

rlp

Hi, this conversation might help me out. I have the 'Cisco Unity Connection 1.2' and also 'Cisco MCS 7845' of HP model. But I don't have the 'Cisco Platform Configuration Disk' with the unity bundle. Should it have with the bundle by default in shipping or i have to request Cisco to provide me the disk? Can you guys help me please?

If you ordered the PCD as part of your order and didn't get it, you'll need to contact Customer Service and they'll be able to help you out.

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac49/ac162/about_cisco_customer_service_contacts.html

The PCD's will just configure the RAID and install the OS for you. If you have your own Windows server OS disc, that can be used as well, you will just need to take care of the RAID configuration on your own.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

Hi Brad, I was trying to install the 'Cisco Unity Connection 1.2' in the Windows 2003 Standard Edition R2, but failed to install it while showing the warning 'Need Cisco Platform Configuration Disk'. Can you please advice me how can i setup it in the same server? How's the RAID configuration should be? Can you provide me any document accordingly please? FYI, I was using MCS 7845, HP version.

Mijanur,

I apologize, the PCD is required for Unity Connection installations. I'm so used to dealing with straight Unity it's been a while. You'll need to call Customer Support to get the PCD or the installation won't let you continue. Here's the exact place in the installation guide that explains this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/installation/guide/ig_040.html#wp1041784

Hope this helps,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks for giving me a clear picture :).

I've license validity still, so i will get valued support from Customer Support i do believe. Let me try with them, I will back with result soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: