Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

running DMA on CCM 4.1

Hi All,

Could anybody let me know if running DMA for data collection on a production system is service effecting? Any recommendation from Cisco to run the data collection out of hours?

Thanks a lot.

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you have a multiple server cluster with a dedicated publisher then the impact will be minimized - potentially you may receive slower response from EM logins or CFWDall changes.

DMA installs informix and does a lot of processing, so the recommendation would be to do it out of hours - potential impact is higher than likely impact, so you take your chances!

Hope this helps

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Do you know by any chance if DMA data collection can be started out of hours, paused for the working hours duration and later restarted after working hours without losing the data already collected? Or it must run in one go?

Thanks,

Alex.

It's all in one go - you can install it during one maintenance window, then do the export later though.

How many phones/etc do you have in your cluster? Unless your OOH periods are very short it probably won't be an issue.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

We have got about 3000 phones. Any idea how long it might take to export them with DMA?

Alex.

Don't forget you have to reboot after installing DMA.

After hours might be the better time to perform the DMA becasue of people usually CFwdALL to VM before they leave work. It will be captured, especially since you will perform the migration after hours.

How long? A 1000 phone install on a 7835 H1 server for me took about 3 hours. I think that was before I cleared out the CDRs.

Clear out (or backup then delete, whatever) your CAR and CDR records and it will be a LOT faster. Also a lot faster and less troublesome during the install / import.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: