cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS causes MARS unconnected "clouds" on serial interfaces

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

In MARS we have a graphical layout of our network and athe things being monitored.

When the routers to our branch routers are shown, since the the serial interfaces are on two host point to point networks, the serial interface is connected to a cloud.

Each branch connects to a seperate cloud.

Is there any way to have all branch serial interfaces go into the same cloud?

3 Replies 3

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Richard,

There is no way at present that I am aware of to do this. It's a fairly common request from my customers to have a greater ability to customize the graphical layout of the network map. I have made this request to Cisco to add this functionality.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Thanks,

Very helpful.

At one point I thought about creating a 'fake' router in MARS that would have interfaces with IP addresses that correspond to the PE (Provider Edge) MPLS routers. This would mean creating a "Generic Router version unknown" in MARS and standing up a 871 or something so that MARS can SNMPWALK it.

Afterwards I thought you could add the PE interfaces and the maps would glue the subnets together. I haven't tried this yet, but in theory it should work, right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: