Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TSP interacting with browser

Mike-1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I have some experience with programming in C# and Cisco TSP. But now I am looking for some integration with Internet Explorer (IE). Is there a way to pass Cisco TSP Line (callStateChanged)events to a brwoser (IE)?

We are having a customer who has this kind of integration with other telephonie systems by loading a com-object into the browser (or via Axtive-X). And via this way the browser / javascript on the page can react on the events.

Is there a way this could also be done with Cisco TSP?

Please let me know! Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only reason I can think of you would need TSP in a browser would be be make/take calls. There a plenty of third party solutions for "click to call" that already work. (instead of reinventing the wheel)

You also could try the Developers forum in UC and Video. That group does some pretty crazy stuff with programming.

The 'problem' is that there is an existing webapplication, who wants to recieve events and can control calls. Because this webapplication is not an java webapplet, but just html and some javascript they are using com/activex objects in order to communicate with telephony systems.

They have done this already with an other telephony system provider, they had an activex object for their interface.

Now they are lokking for a way to let their webapplication (website) interact with Cisco Call Manager by receiving line events and be able to control al call.

I know this can be done via TSP, but would like to know of the possibilities integrated in a browser.

Hope this makes it a bit more clear.

Thanks for any advice!

Michiel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: