CUCM 5.1.3 Restore

Unanswered Question
May 16th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi all,


I'm facing a strange issue with one of our Customer with a Cluster of CUCM in version 5.1.(3a). Last week, the publisher crashed (hardware issue) so we made the replacement of it. Since 4 days now, I'm unable to accomplish the Restore correctly.

Here is what I've done:

- Install of the same CCM version ==> No error

- Install of the new licenses ==> No error

- Restore with DRS and Restore Wizard ==> No error ( Restore complete, you need to restart the server...)


Before restarting it, I just have a look at the config and seems to be good.

Then I made a restart (tried through GUI and CLI already) and get the same issue everytime. After restart, I have to wait 2H00 until all service UP. Once a time all is up, still no access to GUI... Default URL said "website not found blablabla".

Through the CLI I can see all UP and running (Tomcat included). Processor is 99% Idle and still unable to access the webpage. I tried now 4 times and 4 times this issue.


First time I see this problem. Someone can help please ?


Thx


Fabian


P.S: Congratulation Rob... Nice Star color...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
davidstevenscisco Wed, 05/28/2008 - 08:20
User Badges:

Hi Fabian and others,


I too have exactly the same problem. I am restoring a CUCM Publisher using DRS for a redundant cold standby. The existing Publisher is an MCS 7825 running ver 5.1.3 (upgraded from 5.1.2b). The new hardware is the same MCS 7825.

I built the 2nd publisher to 5.1.2b with all the same information (same hostname, IP, all passwords the same). I then upgraded it to 5.1.3 successfully. I then installed the UK locale and dial plan. I then added the licenses. Finally I started the restore. It took approx 2 hours but restored successfully and asked me to reboot the server.

Once the server was rebooted, none of the web pages came up. I connected via SSH and tried

"service manager list"

All I get is:

Service Manager Response list for list request is NULL

Service Manager Response list for list request is NULL

Service Manager Response list for list request is NULL

Service Manager Response list for list request is NULL

etc..


It looks like the same issue. Can anyone help?


David


f.giordano Wed, 05/28/2008 - 09:06
User Badges:

Hi David,


I opened a TAC Case last week, and it's not a know bug. Cisco engineer is still trying to troubleshoot my installation remotely but without any success. He asked me 2 days ago to install the server on customer site. he though i'm facing DNS issue but I'm pretty sure that it will not change anything. i'll keep u inform asap.


fabian

davidstevenscisco Wed, 05/28/2008 - 10:21
User Badges:

Hi Fabian,


Intersting. My DNS servers are also not available - is that what they think is the issue?


I have also opened a TAC case but spoken to anyone yet. Will also keep you posted


David

f.giordano Wed, 06/04/2008 - 00:25
User Badges:

Hi David,


The issue is solved for me.

I did the restore in my Lab with a DNS (just an entry for the Pub and Sub) and it works perfectly.


Hope it will help you.


Fabian

davidstevenscisco Wed, 06/04/2008 - 01:34
User Badges:

Hi Fabian,


Thanks. We actually found the same too and got it working last week (sorry I did not reply). Your mentioning of the DNS issue set us on the right track.


I did log a TAC case and they told me that the reason was because I was trying to restore just the Publisher without the Subscribers being present. They told me that they would only support this procedure with the whole cluster.


This is crazy! We were regularly restoring Publishers under version 4 in order to replicate issues in the Lab or to perform upgrades via DMA, etc. It seems that this is not supported under V5!


At least we know the workaround.


Thanks for your help anyway

Actions

This Discussion