cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.1.1 PSRIT Bug #CSCsi89236

d.hanshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had sucess with the patch for the PSRIT bug #CSCsi89236?

TAC has suggested it "might" work.

I am scared to apply it. Has anyone else applied it and it worked without any "Oh No's"?

OS = Solaris 9. No proxy server.

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This bug required no code changes on the RME side. The problem was fixed on Cisco.com in May of last year. ou shouldn't be seeing this problem anymore. To what patch do you refer?

See attached for patch.

Also here are the notes.

Let me know what you think.

D.

PSRIT reports generate URL's that sometimes contain over 1024 characters

creating issues with proxy servers. The URL size is too big.

There's a bug filed for this CSCsi89236 but it doesn't show much

information.

Still I was able to pull a pacth that may work. Please follow installation

instructions and let me know how it works.

- Unzip the attached zip file: inside you will find 3 .class files.

- Stop the daemon manager from LMS server: net stop crmdmgtd (and wait it is

completely stopped)

- Take a backup of the files:

CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\inventory\reports\util\PSIRTDBUtil.class

CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\inventory\reports\util\PSIRTXMLParser.class

CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\inventory\reports\datagenerators\PSIRT_RDG.class

- Replace the 3 .class file attached for the backuped ones:

CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\inventory\reports\util\PSIRTDBUtil.class

CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\inventory\reports\util\PSIRTXMLParser.class

CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\inventory\reports\datagenerators\PSIRT_RDG.class

- Start the daemons: net start crmdmgtd

- Enable debugging from

RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Log Level Settings >

InvReports > Debugging

- Please run the report job after 1 hour of the daemons start.

If you're not using a proxy, I doubt this patch will have any effect. You could try it, though. If things get worse, just restore the backed up files.

Exactly what symptoms are you seeing?

Sent this to the web support staff first. Then they told me to open a TAC case.

I did.

Original problem:

LMS 3.0.1 OS = Solaris 9 SUN Server V240

> Each time I run a PSIRT Report it fails. Done this 5 times now.

>

> ERROR Message

>

> Report Name : PSIRT Summary report

> Created at : May 13 2008 13:51:03 EDT

> Sending Mail : Mail Sent Successfully. Reason for Failure : Unable to get data from Cisco.com. Check Cisco.com connectivity. Try again later

>

> Help?

Since you say you're not using a proxy (and I assume you don't need a proxy to access Cisco.com), it would be really helpful to see a sniffer trace of all tcp/80 traffic going to Cisco.com when trying to generate this report.

The TAC engineer should have requested this to rule out any obvious problems.

I am getting same error on Windows. We are using a proxy server. Running CS 3.1.1 and RME 4.1.1, will this patch work for us?

It might, but I don't know enough about the symptoms you're seeing, or this patch to know for certain. The bug ID mentioned for this patch is incorrect.

I've not been able to a PSIRT for awhile (with Proxy) RME4.1.1. If it's the same issue I get the attached in invreports.log . It sends a long URL, then sits for a 60secs and then the proxy sends a 503 back.

A response code of 503 is service unavailable. This might be a symptom of the URL issue. You could try contacting the TAC to get the proxy patch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: