CCIE voice or CCIE Routing and switching

Unanswered Question
May 16th, 2008

Hello,

i have a CCNP certification and im preparing CCVP ( i have CIPT and i m preparing Cvoice).

i m very intersted to be a CCIE Voice [ in the 2 years (+/6) :)].

i heard that CCIE Voice is very difficult than CCIE R&S , and it's recommended that have first CCIE R&S and after you can pass the CCIE voice ?

Please could someone help me to clarify my ideas.??

thank you in advance

Hicham

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Fri, 05/16/2008 - 08:52

Hicham,

I think it greatly depends on your experience and your interests. I did the CCIE Voice without having R&S. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have the R&S foundation when going for Voice, but it can be done without it.

Brandon

morganstepp Tue, 06/10/2008 - 14:13

Having R/S will benefit you in pursuing the Voice Lab, particularly in understanding what will be required of you during the CCIE pursuit - a lot of lab work. However, its incorrect to recommend R/S as a prerequisite.

jim_berlow Wed, 06/11/2008 - 09:42

The two tracks have little overlap and emphasize completely different technologies (as your probably learning through the CCVP). With the time frame you have (2 years) to obtain the CCIE Voice, I would study directly for the Voice. You will only get foundational knowledge by doing the CCIE R&S (and that track alone might take 2 years to complete).

Bottom line - do the track that correlates to what you want with your career. If you want to be a voice guy, don't bother with the CCIE R&S. Being a CCNP, you already have enough of a base to work from.

Good luck!

Actions

This Discussion